Why I won’t let one up get me down
Today was weigh in day and for the first time since starting my lifestyle change endeavor I was up.
Now, last week was not a bad week for me, so this was a little surprising. I didn’t go over my points and I exercised every day.
However, it was also not a great week for me. It was a tough week for me physically; I took pain killers 4 days out of 7.
In fact, more than once I found myself thinking of one of my favorite books in the Stephanie Plum series, Ten Big Ones. In this book, Stephanie (the main character in the series and a some what unlikely bounty hunter) goes after a skip whose crime is described as follows:
“It says here she held up a Frito-Lay truck?”
“Apparently she was on that no-carbohydrate diet, got her period and snapped when she saw the truck parked in front of a convenience store. Just got whacked out at the thought of all those chips.”
“I’ve been on that diet and this crime makes perfect sense to me,” Lula said.
In addition to this, it was a rather emotional week, with a lot of family changes taking place. I really don’t want to talk about it…
So, with all this, I think exercising everyday and staying within my points is a HUGE accomplishment.
It is scary, though. I really want to make my 10% goal. It will be the first time I’ve done that. All the other times I’ve tried to change my lifestyle like this, I’ve gotten close and then sort of lost focus. So this little pep talk is not to take me back, but to remind me what I’ve learned!
Here are the things that I can work on in this coming week:
- I think I’m a little dehydrated. It’s been muggy and I’ve been busy. I’ve had a bit of a headache all day and I’m achy from all my work over the weekend. I need to work on my water intake.
- I need to do a better job of planning an afternoon snack.
- I need to do a Starbucks skinny hot chocolate 1-2 times a week, not 1-2 times a day.
- I need to work on how I eat on the weekends. While I’m not going over my points, I’m also not getting in enough fruits and vegetables during my busy weekends.
- i need to make sure I get enough sleep (I read a good book and stayed up too late this week…)
I really think this week was a function of dehydration and not feeling well, because I’m doing so much correctly. I’m going to end by focusing on this.
- I signed up for a walk-the-dog-daily challenge and have done it for one week.
- I have gone over my Nike Fuel goal each day (more activity than my goal.)
- I have eaten breakfast every day.
- I had a salad for lunch four days out of seven.
- I attended my Weight Watchers meeting.
- I tracked every day.
I can do this. This is a good check in and a good placeholder.