About 365 days ago, I wrote a post about my 2020 goals. I was coming off a hard year of grieving my mom and I wanted to push myself a little more while still give myself space to do any additional healing. I came across an idea for resolutions, and I filled it out like this.
- I will learn: What I like in a church (#3)
- I will travel to: A new adventure (#6)
- I will take a class on: A workplace skill (#4)
- I will meet: A new friend (2)
- I will create: A more personal painting style (#5)
- I will stop: Taking my body for granted (#1)
But, I am me, so I clarified. Anything in blue I consider successful. Anything in green was blocked by COVID (that’s my story). Anything in red was not sucessful.
Area 1: Health and Fitness
- Embrace the WW journal. Make it a priority!
- Find a source for yoga and/or meditation and go to it
- Participate in walking challenges (particularly with the dog)
- Get 8 hours sleep (this means going to bed early)
- Remember that alone time is an important part of my mental health (COVID helped with this)
- Do NOT overextend yourself (be on boards, volunteer too much)
Area 2: Friendships
- I need to develop some new friendship (or at least closer friendships). Following the advice in Friendships Don’t Just Happen, I will invite a new person out to coffee once a month. (This is daring for me!)
Area 3: Spiritual development
- Church: Find a church you like and go
- WSO: Continue volunteering for website
- Foster 4 dogs in 2020 (did 1)
- Explore purchasing environmentally better clothing
Area 4: Work/Career & Finances
- Remain employed
- Better understand finances
- Donate to charity
Area 5: Personal Growth (aka Painting)
- Keep my website current
- Write at least 52 posts
- Attend critique group
- Develop and attend the March SAA solo show
- Apply for the Alaska AIR
- Enter these shows:
- Enter both WSO shows (got in!)
- Enter the Equine Art Show (Emerald Downs)
- Submit to the AAEA Shows
- Submit to both NWWS Shows
- Submit to Emerald Art Center show (got in!)
Area 6: Fun
- Reading: Goodreads 2020 Book Challenge
- Nose work with Key: Earn NW3, work toward all L2 Element Specialites
- Knitting: Finish 6 projects
- Go on one adventure (I think the whole year counts…)
- Explore the Hallie Ford art museum
- Visit the Salem carousel
- Continue bird watching
- Participate in the 2020 NaNoWriMo
For one of the most… interesting years in my lifetime, I don’t think it was too bad. What doesn’t show up on this list is that I moved. I got two new kittens. I did an art mentorship program. I kept my job while my employment had layoffs and struggled with six months of the busiest I have ever been. I survived a pandemic. I survived the 2020 election. And that i didn’t have to escape on a big trip to hold my own over the holidays.
What does 2021 hold? I’m not sure, but I’ll take a little less excitement!
2 thoughts on “2020 Goals in Review”
Well, we made one coffee date before Covid hit. Maybe we can do it again one of these years!
It’s a date!
Comments are closed.