I had a goal this weekend. I was going to catch up and then get some painting done, taking advantage of the energy I felt coming off Margaret Godfrey‘s workshop.
Here’s what I did today.
- Spent an extra hour in bed petting the dogs and cat (mistake?)
- Went for a walk in the park with my dogs, a friend, and her two dogs.
- Took Finn to the vet (Note: He’s now getting more painkillers and his arthritis is officially expanding/getting worse/going to new areas)
- Bathed both dogs at Soapy Paws. Both dogs are very fluffy now, but Key looks a little like an Ewok.
- Bought some yarn for a project at Tangled Purls.
- Ate lunch.
- Voted. (No, I’m not going to tell you how or for whom and I wish everyone else would shut up about it too!)
- Went to see a fellow equine artist friend, Elizabeth Zimmerman of Western Rose Studio (and ended up buying a beautiful sketch of a Gypsy,) at the Mt. Hood Gypsy and Drum Horse show at the Salem Fairgrounds.
There was also a miniature horse show going on. This one had a lot of attitude.
This one was just charming. She wants to learn to bead her horse’s halter.
- Dropped off a few odds and ends at the thrift store
- Managed to clean my studio and put things away so the dog can no longer get to (i.e. eat) my paintings. It looks almost ready to work in.
- Took Key for a long hike to get the wiggles out and extra fur off.
- Had dinner.
- Balanced my checkbook (yesterday was payday!)
- Attempted to catch up on my email in-box (I’m down to one email that I’m thinking about.)
- Wrote this blog.
- Next, I’ll start watching two art DVD’s that are now overdue.
- I should also read my magazines which are just sitting here.
- And start my knitting project.
Of course, in theory, with all this done, there is the possibility that tomorrow I’ll get to painting.
Fingers (and toes) crossed.