(v) to travel in a purposeful manner toward a vague destination.
As I mentioned last week, my tablet has gone belly up. Unfortunately, my main computer seems to be following in its footsteps. So, with these signs of a revolt, I decided to order a new computer. A laptop. I still haven’t decided about the long-term fate of a tablet, but I’m hoping a proper laptop might bridge the gap. I’ve decided on a new name for the computer as well: The Amok Response Ally (T.A.R.A.). A little narcissistic, but I think it’s funny.
With technology in a dangerous state, this week I have put out some watercolor cards and liquid charcoal to keep me occupied in the evenings.
In accordance with my new resolution to paint and post on Saturdays, I sat down and worked on a finishing a painting I started last week.
I may have a few more tweaks, but I love the sandy texture. Just what I was going for. And those pops of ochre really enhance it for my money.
Then (or, more accurately, concurrently) I decided to start on a new painting. I flipped through some reference photos and decided to try this one. The head was cut off in the reference shot, and I can see here that the head is too small. It would be helpful to see that BEFORE I stopped adjusting the drawing, but there you go. I am pondering possible fixes.
In a final bit of art-related news, Thursday I entered three shows.
- WSO: State of the Nation & Measuring Infinity
- NWWS (online/digital): Yellowstone Dancers, State of the Nation, Start
- Western Fed: Wander, OSIFS, Yellowstone Dancers
A few of these are SQUEAKING in before the cutoff (painted within two years), but if you’re gonna enter, gotta go for it! And I’d really like to see Yellowstone Dancers get into a show!
Tomorrow will be “home” stuff, and then Monday and Tuesday will be a nose work trial. I am very anxious after our last outing, but I’ve put together a SMART goal to work on.
- S – Specific: Between the time of the number flip and entry into the search, I will present my team as present, dress the dog, work the practice boxes, and listen to one mediation on my phone (1 minute).
- M – Measurable: I will know I have successfully done this because I will have done these things and because I will take at least three deep breaths before the search.
- A – Achievable: I am able to do this because, even though I need to manage the dog and everything else, I am in control of my breathing.
- R – Realistic: I have successfully done this before.
- T – Timely: This will happen six times during the trial, but the first try is the one I have the most trouble with. Even if I mess up the first, the other runs can be practice.
Key has agreed to be my partner and is totally supportive of breathing as long as there are cookies for him.
He’s such a support.