People at work are making fun of me because I have not yet chose a name for my new dog. I mean, I’ve only had him four days!
As I mentioned, this is his third adoption. He’s previously had the names “Sarge” and “Shorty.” I hate both of those names.
Initially, I liked the name “Tumble.” I still do, But a few more names have entered the running.
Here are a few criteria.
- I’d like to choose a name starting with a letter none of my pets have owned. So B, F, G, J, L, P, and S names are out.
- I’d like to choose a name of no more than two syllables.
- I don’t want any cutesy names like “D.O.G.” or “K-9.” And no fluffy names.
Surely, that leaves a few names for consideration? (Ones crossed off don’t meet criteria, bolds are my favorites.)
- Amur (a-Moor)
- Cayo – Spanish, “happy” – celtic for “dark”
- Charge (suggestion from picture, rhymes with previous name)
Flitwick Frey Frick Gaston Glaze Gigolo Gunnar
- Huck (to go with Finn)
- O’Malley (suggestion after having met him)
Parker(suggestion from picture) Ply
- Rowdy (named for fictional dog, like Finn)
Sawyer (to go with Finn) Sebastian Sirrius Strut
With this huge list to choose from, I think I’m going to ponder this a little longer. After all… it took me two weeks to name Sean, and look how well he turned out!