Tonight I am forced to cheat a little on my painting a day challenge.
1. I did do a painting (technically a mixed media) but it is currently covered in rocks waiting to dry. I will show it to you soon.
2. I started another painting, but the project above prevented me from getting more done on it due to lack of work space.
3. So I am showing you a piece that I almost finished last night in class; but it needed just a few more touches, which I did this evening, so I am going to count it.
4. Tomorrow I am headed over to the west side of town for the Hillsboro Plein Air Plus. This will be my first plein air competition. I am hoping to submit one painting for judging (heaven only knows how many I will start…) Saturday night there is a reception at the Walters Cultural Art Center. I hope some of you consider coming! I’ll try to post details soon.
5. However, I hope a lot of my friends are out doing the inaugural Highway 101 Yarn Crawl. That’s where I would be if I wasn’t doing that. My friend JJ helped organize it and it looks awesome.
7. Because JJ is organizing the crawl, I am puppy sitting this weekend. Meet Wilson (aka Willie).
We are having a very good time so far, but I’m not sure the cats are too excited; however, they are bigger than him, so I’m not too worried. In fact, the oddest thing about Willie is that he is so small. He seems tiny to me. I don’t think of Finn (or the cats) as big, but compared to Willie, they are HUGE.
Thus ends today’s story. Hopefully I’ll have a better one tomorrow.